Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Am Chani, Chani Am I

I love reading - always have.  From the first time I picked up a book, I was hooked.  Reading has been my constant companion for most of my life, and it brings me joy.  It has been my friend, my solace and my joy and sometimes my frustration. 

I love the smell of books, but I adore the convenience of my e-reader which allows me to carry my library with me where ever I go. 

So, here you will find my take on the things I read. I am an eclectic reader, and will read lots of different genres from classics to fantasy to mystery to young adult.  I love a good tale, and am not that picky about the genre most of the time.  I do find myself drawn to dystopian fantasies, such as the young adult trilogy Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Of course I go through stages - where I will read nothing but fantasy, then nothing but mysteries, then nothing but young adult, and then a mix of anything and everything. 

But reading is not all I do.  I do also enjoy games, video and real time and those items will pop up as well on this blog.  In the video game arena, I do prefer RPG's.  Dragon Age: Origins and Elder Scrolls are some of my favorites, athough I do like a good building game as long as it isn't hinged on war - not a lot of them out there, but Caesar III and Tropico are still favorites that I go back and play from time to time. Oh and cats - also my friends, my solace, my joy and sometimes my greatest frustration.  But they are warm, soft and cuddly, rather like a good book. 

If there is a book or game that you think I might like, drop me a line.  You may see your suggestion as a review! 

Enjoy!

Chani



No comments:

Post a Comment