Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It Says Here You Shot A Puppy - Elbow Jobertski

This is definitely a book for those who like dark humor, but beware there are some very serious issues dealt with in this book, which in my opinion, gives the story depth. 

This book is about the trials and travails of the fictional lawyer, Elbow Jobertski, a public defender in rural West Virginia.  Elbow starts out as a rather niave young lawyer who progresses to a more jaded viewpoint in about 300 pages. 

It was interesting to me how dealing with defending some of the lowest members of our society, many who prey on the most defenseless, that I found myself feeling more compassion for these people than I thought possible.  Reading this book gave me a lot of insight into the subjective nature of the law, and a greater respect for those who defend those accused of horrible crimes.  I really left this book with a new perspective. 

There are some gramatical issues - this is a the first book for Elbow, and it was self-published, but once you get past the comma issues and the unreferred pronouns, it is well worth a read. 

More of Elbow's writings can be found on his website: Elbow Jobertski, Legendary West Virginian Lawyer

The book can be purchased either hardcopy or electronically at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment